Friday, January 29, 2010

Early Morning, Day Four

Agatha grumbles, "I hoped you guys might have explored more of this level. No matter. To get into up through the dungeon and into the house, you need to pass through a door with six keys."

She twirls around the metal triangle she cut out of the Mak Candelario. "Not exactly your standard keys, are they?" she quips.

Continuing, she says, "There are seven chambers around here; I'm guessing six of them have keys, the seventh being that one with the rotating floor. As for the mural, I didn't see any mural, but my party split up.

"I'm guessing you haven't seen any of them... that's not too surprising. We were very unlucky. I just lost my last two associates in the arena. Our magician turned out to be a spy, and started transforming us. Half our party lost their minds or ran off, so it was just the three of us."

After one too many yawns, Agatha replies, "Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to rest now. We'll be alright from wandering monsters here, they're all too busy in there." She gestures towards the arena.

Leaning up against the wall and grasping her weapon, Agatha settles down for the night.

[I will assume the party does as well and continue with the update; if anyone wants something different, just let me know.]

When the party wakes up the next morning, Agatha is still snoring quietly. During the morning's rustlings, she snaps awake, holding her weapon aloft.

"Sorry," she apologizes a few moments later, "sleeping with a bunch of men tends to make a girl edgy, especially when you don't know if they're going to go feral and try eating you at a moment's notice."

She takes a quick peek at your map:



"I've explored a bit more than this, but I wasn't the cartographer so I don't have a map. Anyway, each of these rooms. To the west is another one of these 'key rooms', and this one called 'The Kaleidoscope' is one as well. There's a fountain to the northeast, and a few other 'rooms' to the northeast and northwest. From what I can see, the rest of this level is a twisting maze. The locked door is roughly west of here.

"I suggest we get the keys first, before we do anything else. But then my advice hasn't worked out well so far, so I'll probably just go along with whatever you guys want."

[The Archivist renews his Command over Grrarghgrllfrg]

4 comments:

  1. After the entire's days events, and then the next morning, Mephis was oddly quiet through the entire thing, he just sits on the side and clasps his swords, still vowinga silent revenge upon Vladimir throughout his amusing yet irritating stint as a canary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will listened in to Agatha as best as he could. His body felt like it was constantly trying to twitch and wanted to chew on something.

    After taking a moment to calm his nerves he replies to Agatha. "Do you know anything about the Kaleidoscope room?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reginald nods his head in agreement with Will's words. "I, too, wish to know more about this Kaleidoscope room. The characters inside are intriguing enough, but I'm willing to bet that the key you speak of is inside the lantern at the end of the mirrored hall. Upon our investigations, it appears magically imbued with something."

    Reginald muses a little, kicking his feet around, amused that he has lost his shoes over his transformation, but that the greaves have shifted over the appropriate kangaroo equivalent of the human shin.

    "There was also that door I found. I'm not sure where it goes or what it is doing there, but it was somewhat suspicious. The cursed thing wouldn't open by any means I'm aware of. Could very well be nothing, but we've got either the room and door or exploring some more. I'll flip a coin even if we can't decide." Reginald reaches a still human hand into his nearly completely torn pants for the loose change he had left over from stocking up before his trip. He though it would be for soda, but the change in direction meant entering a dungeon; and dungeons, if he recalled correctly, were not commonly found stocked with anything delicious or purchasable, let alone both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James scratches his head, trying to think of something constructive to add. He stretches and looks back North. "do you guys think we should go to the ... 'Kaleidoscope' room first? since we already know what is inside? probably better then running into a random room right now..."

    ReplyDelete